Wednesday, March 30, 2011

BFP

As many of you know -- who read my Twitter feed -- I got a ++POSITIVE++ result on my pregnancy test this past week.  I was determined to wait until I was at least three days late on my period to take the test -- and sure enough, by Sunday, Aunt Flo hadn't arrived.  So, I peed on the little pink stick -- and lo and behold, two lines (vs. one) appeared.  It was positive. 



So, here I am, four days into thinking I am going to be a mother this year.  I'm not sure if it's fully sunk in yet; but I'm getting there.  I set up my first appointment (Monday, April 4 - a day before my 28th birthday).  According to the date of my last period, I am into my 5th week (per the Dr's rules) -- and the due date would be around November 30.  Our family knows we've been trying for a almost a year -- so, it's a fairly frequent topic of discussion between my mom and I.  This Saturday, my mom, dad, sister, and brother-in-law are coming over for a birthday party and Johnny (husband) and I plan on telling them at that time.  With the emphasis on it still being early



Now, I'm just a mixed bag of giddiness and worry.  Typically, when something negative enters my brain, it looms there until I think of something else.  I'm all for being positive, but it's hard not to think of the negative possibilities. 



Here I go.



Symptoms: Sore boobs, little heartburn (honorable mention: caffeine withdrawal headaches)



- J

No comments:

Post a Comment